Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

While cutting grass I t a piece of 2x4 my dogs drug up in

Customer Question

While cutting grass I hit a piece of 2x4 my dogs drug up in the yard. It clanged around and I shut the blades down It back fired a couple of times. Sparks blew out the front end. Then it ran out of gas five minutes later. As of now it will not crank. I have changed the air and fuel filters.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is the first time it has failed to crank it is a 24 HP Briggs & Stratton V Twin
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if I can. I have never had any luck finding a mech who would do a job right the first time.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Briggs twin. Remove spark plug and with plug grounded, see if it has spark. If it has spark, put a teaspoon of fuel into the cylinder, reinstall the spark plug and see if it will run for a few seconds. If not, remove valve cover and check the valves, This engine may have dropped a pushrod n each cylinder!