Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2006 Toro z master zero turn mower with 60 in. deck

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Toro z master zero turn mower with 60 in. deck keeps throwing the deck belt off . Every time it comes off it goes under the idler same place ,same idler. Have any ideas what is causing it?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 6 months ago.

Normally when I belt comes off it is due to belt is stretched. It will come off by idler pulley due to only the back side rides on the idler pulley. I would dbl check all pulleys and make sure none are bent downwards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Not much help, answer not worth $18,,
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

What is the full model number? Need to identify your deck. With most decks, each pulley has a belt guide, that keeps belt in place, I suspect you have a belt guide missing or out of position, so the belt walks off. Are all guides in place and close enough to the pulley so the belt cam't get out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model # ***** with 60in deck

4 and 50 are two belt guides. Which pulley seems to be the one letting belt get off?

# ***** is the spring that has to keep the belt tight. The idler bracket in the first link, # ***** can be adjusted to tighten the belt if more tension is needed.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
If you sitting on the mower, it's the one on the left under your left foot
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got the belt as tight asI can pull it

# ***** is bracket that has t keep belt in place on the left pulley. Is it there, and is it close to the pulley? It can be bent , letting the belt slip out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guide in place

It has to be close enough to the pulley that the belt can't slip out!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Almost rubbing the pulley still jumps off

Is belt distorted? If belt is not nice and flat, it will never stay on. Have you tried a new belt.