Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My Wife bought me a fathers day present @ a garage sale & it

Customer Question

Good Evening,
My Wife bought me a fathers day present @ a garage sale & it is a 2009 EZGO RXV Yesterday my granddaughter was driving the cart & after awhile she said the cart would not go or @ times was very sluggish I got the cart in the garage & it smelled HOT I found an article on the motor brake problem so could this be the problem? I really hope it is not the power converter? I have been told that is a very expensive part to replace. Any help would be most appreciated. I am retired & not too smart on electrical & mechanical things. My email is***@******.*** My cell #(###) ###-####Thank you so much for your time.
John Conwell
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

RXV is dependent on having minimum of 48 volts to the electric brake on the drive motor. check the voltage at the brake on the motor, has to be 48 volts.. Anything less, the brake will start to drag. Best to charge the batteries over night and then check. On RXV try to never let batteries get low!

I see question is still open. Did you get my response? Did brake release after charging overnight?