Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I tried replacing blades by tipping in back. When I let it

Customer Question

I tried replacing blades by tipping in back. When I let it down and tried to start it is heard a loud pop and now it won't turn over at all. I can hear a click when I turn the key but the starter does not engage. If I turn the key on and engage the blade switch I hear a click some this makes me think that the electrical system is not tripped. I have pull the spark plug and tries to turn the engine over and nothing.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes and yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Can you turn the engine 360 by hand using the flywheel screen?

What is the make , model and engine? You could have had oil on top of piston, and when trying to start, it caused internal damage to the engine! If engine does not turn by hand, remove spark plug and look for any evidence of damage that may have occurred .

I see question still open, did you find problem?