Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 2007 zero turn cub cadet enforcer mower engine dies when

Customer Question

my 2007 zero turn cub cadet enforcer mower engine dies when engaging the parking brake or turning on the pto. I have replaced the seat safety switch with a new unit. engine still dies when releasing the brake or pto. I have cleaned all connections and checked for exposed wires
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Did you check the two arm switches? If either arm switch is stuck open, the run circuit is not completed, the mower thinks there is no one in the seat, and kills engine.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
curtis
Can you explain to me where the arm switches are located

Mounted on the frame , where each arm can push them when in neutral. Need the model number to find picture and show part. Do you have access to parts book?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Curtis,The model number for this mower is 53A13AGT750. Cub Cadet commercial zero turn enforcer 54 " cut with a Kawasaki engine.Thanks

I don't find them shown in electrical, but see # ***** passes over the pushbutton switch, one mounted on each side of the frame!

see question is still open, did you find the switches and check them?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I changed out the the brake/arm switch (only one on this unit). It appears this switch runs to the driver side brake and runs to the PTO. The mower will now run when releasing the brake. However, the engine will not die when raising off the seat. It as though the seat switch is some how by passed?? Don't make sense.

Did you check the seat switch with ohm meter to see if it is making and breaking?