JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I HAVE A CRAFTMANTHAT WILL NOT START. I HAVE REPLACED THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A CRAFTMAN###-##-####THAT WILL NOT START. I HAVE REPLACED THE SPARKPLUG,CLEANED THE AIR FILTER,CHECKED GAS AND OIL.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

manually put fuel into cylinder and see if it fires. If so, clean carb and reinstall

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No,No,No I CLEANED CARB. (NOT VERY DIRTY) AND ASSOCIATED PARTS. I PUT FUEL DIRECTLY IN CYLINDER AND STILL WILL NOT START. I AM CHECKING NEW SPARK PLUG RECENTLY INSTALLED
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

If you are spraying carb and it is still not starting, you have a fire issue, compression issue, or timing issue. Have you checked the machine for spark? When it last ran, did you have any back firing issues?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE MOWER HAS NEVER BACKFIRED. AND IT WORKED THREE WEEKS AGO. THE MOWER REQUIRED SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO START THIS SEASONS . THE SECOND USAGE REQUIRED SEVERAL ATTEMPTS TO START AND THEN IT STOPPED WHILE I WAS MOWING THE LAWN THREE WEEKS AGO. THE MOWER TURNED OVER THIS MORNING INITIALLY BUT DID NOT COMPLETE THE START.
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

I would check the spark or possibly the valve adjustments. It seems as though your timing may be off. If that doesn't work, I will opt out and let another expert try to help you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
NO FIRE FROM THE SPARKPLUG
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

Pull the ground wire off of coil and try to start. If it starts, replace coil. If not, try cleaning and re-gap the coil.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DETERMINED MY SMALL ENGINE PROBLEM SIX HOURS AGO GOING TO REPAIR CLINIC AND YOU TUBE VIDEOS
Expert:  JON replied 10 months ago.

Okay, sorry for delay. I just received notification of response. Glad you were able to get issue resolved. Have a good eveing and Happy holiday