Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Briggs 24 HP v twin. I just replaced fuel lines, fuel

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Briggs 24 HP v twin. I just replaced fuel lines, fuel filter, and new fuel pump. Also replaced vac line to valve cover and I know all hoses are in the correct location. I haven fuel through the filter up to the pump. Problem is no fuel past the pump to carb. How long shoul it take for vac to pull fuel through pump, while turning engine?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 8 years and no. Just rebuilt carb and changed all parts in fuel system while engine apart.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I loaded small amount of gas in bowl engine ran fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Tw things to check, first, the suction tube to the fuel pump has to be vacuum tight. If not , the fuel pump will not work.@nd, the fuel pump is powered by the pulses of the pistons moving in the crankcase, Remove the pulse line, that goes to the crankcase or valve cover and feel for a pulse when cranking. You should feel slight pressure, the hose has to be open to the crankcase. What is application? Deere uses a suction tube in the top of fuel tank, that can be plugged, or if fuel line comes from bottom of the tank, can have debris in the tank outlet.

did you see my response?