Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers

How do I replace the deck lift cables on a cub cadet rzt 50

Customer Question

how do I replace the deck lift cables on a cub cadet rzt 50 zero turn mower? I have removed the mowing deck, however, getting to the bolts that hold the cables to the frame are extremely difficult to reach
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I believe 2006 Model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I have the shop manual and they don't say much about the cables only to disconnect them while trying to remove the deck lift. I'll send you what I have to see if it helps. Go to Section 14