JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have an onan marquis HGJAB 5500 in a motorhome. was

Customer Question

i have an onan marquis HGJAB 5500 in a motorhome.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: was running 20 mins and shutting down. Now starts and shuts rt down throwing code 32 slow cranking however is cranking as uslual
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: fuel good and pump checked out good.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hoping to. your previous post mentioned a buletin onan put out on code 32 but cant download it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: about it for now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Code 32 is Low Cranking Speed Sense.

Since the set is starting, it's pretty obvious that the cranking speed can't be too low.

Onan had a problem with the controllers on these sets. A failed diode would give the Code 32. They put out a bulletin on this a few years back. I would suspect that you will find a bad controller if you do the tests I have uploaded for you.