JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Certified Small Engine Technician
94737911

I have a Kawasaki 17hp engine model FH500V AS338 that fires

Customer Question

I have a Kawasaki 17hp engine model FH500V AS338 that fires with starter fluid but won't continue running. I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump, but the problem persists. What else should I do?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: It is about 10 years old and has always run very well....no problems until I pulled it out this season.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Preferably
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I also loaded the tank with new gas
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 11 months ago.

If you can start with fluid, but no other way. I would recommend pulling carb and cleaning it. Sounds like you have a clogged jet in the carb