Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a slt 1554 cub. hydro static transmission. pedal

Customer Question

i have a slt 1554 cub. hydro static transmission. pedal forward goes great. pedal back yield nothing. pedal moves. mower just sits.
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: SLT 1554 Cub Cadet 54" cut. Model # ***** guess 10-12 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: already have. the left axle snapped. i replaced it. according to proper guidelines. worked fine before the axle situation
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: in regards to?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm heading down road. if you email me i can retrieve it on my mobile device. if calling or txt work better for response, i also have accessibility to that. my number is(###) ###-#### ***** Moon.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I now have our conversation pulled up through your mobile app.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wifi is connecting fine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 7 months ago.

Is the reverse pedal pushing the reverse lever? I had to extend my reverse pedal to make it longer, so it would catch reverse. Have moved moved the reverse lever on the transmission, manually to see if it will go in reverse?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have manually moved the reverse lever. I also extended the reverse pedal. Not all the way. But it was close to the threads not showing.
Both ways, it never turn backwards.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i am using your mobile app. r u getting my replies?

If moving the external lever does nothing, then you have internal problems with the pump section.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Did you extend yours with additional pedal rod or just extended the existing rod all the way out?

I added a piece to the pedal.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You say internal pump problems. It goes forward real well after about a minute of going.
Is there a way to trouble shoot pump issues?

Teardown and examine! The pump has swash plate that moves in one direction fr forward, and opposite for reverse. Seems like the swash plate is not going to reverse.?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This all started because left axle snapped. I replaced it myself. Had instructions. Not familiar with the word swash plate.

Swash plate is the piece that the pump pistons mount in, and it changes the angle of the pistons , to change direction. # ***** in the breakdown of the transmission. See link below.