Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Generac NP-50G generator in motorhome is hard to crank then

Customer Question

Generac NP-50G generator in motorhome is hard to crank then runs for maybe 20 minutes then shuts down. If you wait 10-15 minutes cranks back but will shut down again.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Check for any fuel restrictions to the generator from the main tank with the line feed and any fuel filter in line as this can cause this type of fault here as I have seen and had to correct before in some cases.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete