Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Engine will start briefly then stalls and blinks three

Customer Question

Engine will start briefly then stalls and blinks three times. It was run completely out of fuel and hasn't run right since
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Tank is full and clean. I've been using on a daily basis for months now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My buddy took the fuel line loose at the pump and pulled about two feet of hose up from the rear going towards the tank
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Make and model? Application? Gas or diesel?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Onan genset model HGJAB GAS

Is the fule pump working, do you have fuel from it to the carburetor?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
fuel pump appears to be working fine. I can hear it pumping when I prime the generator. If I hold the gas line up it will start and run for a Minuit or two then shuts down
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took the fuel line off at the carburetor and turned the motor over. It started right up and ran mysteriously while spitting a steady stream of fuel into a bucket. Still shut off after about a Minuit or two

oK< not a fuel supply priblem. Is oil level correct, not shutting down from oil sensor?