JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

I have an old Troy built tractor that has been stored period

Customer Question

I have an old Troy built tractor that has been stored for a long period of time - got a new battery, replaced plugs and fuel filter - tried starting it but won't start - will run momentarily if I put gas in the carb - suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Good evening, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you this evening. From what you have described, it sounds like you need to remove carb and clean it at minimum. Possibly a rebuild. If you can pour fuel in and start it manually, it means the carb is not pulling its own fuel and needs to be cleaned of debris. Let me know if I can do anything else for you in this matter. Plese remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this.