Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

What size bolt do I need to press off the flywheel of s troy

Customer Question

What size bolt do I need to press off the flywheel of s troy bilt chipper shredder?
JA: What's the make and model of the chipper? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 206cc 8.5 hp briggs and stratton ~10 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'M looking at it now . Have the hopper off and need to access the engine for some loose bolts on the back of the engine that are creating an oil leak
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. just need to get the flywheel off to remove the other half of the housing to access the backside of the engine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 3 months ago.

HI my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. If your trying to remove the flywheel you will need a big 3 leg puller. For removing the nut I use a impact gun

It could be a 15/16 socket