Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have twin v Briggs 21 hp on my zero turn mower. Problem is

Customer Question

I have twin v Briggs 21 hp on my zero turn mower. Problem is it will start and run for a while and then shuts down on its own. engine will restart run for ten fifteen minutes and then shuts down.
I Have change the following:
drained fuel and replace with fresh fuel
replace hose and fuel filter
made sure that the fuel line was not against engine to cause vapor lock
Replace fuel pump
replace spark plugs
oil level is ok
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases a fault like this here can be caused by a fault with the carburetor itself with debris in the bowl or if fuel injected with a fault with a weak fuel pump acting up or an issue with an injector nozzle restricting.This does sound like it is fuel related possibly and I would have these checked into to see if any of these are found to be an issue here needing repaired.I have had to have the fuel system completely cleaned out before to correct this type of fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete