Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have the Honda eu3000i generator and it stopped running. I

Customer Question

I have the Honda eu3000i generator and it stopped running. I have cleaned carb changed oil and spark plug and also tried starting fluid still wont start. the oil alert light doesn't flicker when im trying to start and it doesn't even seem to want to start.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Can you unplug the oil alert, and ground the wire and check for spark. If no spark, unground the wire and check for spark. With engine not firing on starting fluid, I think you have lost spark, if not the oil alert system, the coil may be bad. To check for spark you remove the spark plug and with it attached to the spark plug wire, ground the plug to the metal of the engine, and watch the tip for spark when cranking.