Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2016 345FR brush cutter and i have ran it in. Now

Customer Question

I have a 2016 345FR brush cutter and i have ran it in. Now I'm having trouble getting the high speed jet adjusted as the unit has a rev limiter for 12,500 has a walbro wte 12 carb....i believe this unit should hot rev limiter with strings fully extended in yhe trimmer head with no load...but not sure. I currently have low speed jet at 3/4 turn out and it idles nice and has great response...the high speed jet is at 1 1/2 turns out...can you give me advice?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This machine can actually hit the rev limiter with strings full extended and no load. Many times you will find that it will actually hit the rev limiter at around 3/4 throttle with no load on it. Once you put it under a load then you should not be able to hit the limiter under a load.