Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My karcher k3.99m pressure washer runs second on 3 second

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my karcher k3.99m pressure washer runs for 1 second on 3 second cycle. After 20-30 minutes it shuts off. Also doesn't seem to have original level of pressure.
JA: What's the make and model of the pressure washer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Karcher model K3.99M, s/n #148953. 6-8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, depending if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

If this is a gas powered pressure washer this may be a fault with a fuel restriction to the pressure washer motor.If you have not had this checked to see if this is the cause here this needs done and the restriction repaired to correct this fault here.If this is not the cause here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is electric.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

O.k.,unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this model here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete