Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a JD 757 with a 25hp Kawasaki engine. It was running

Customer Question

I have a JD 757 with a 25hp Kawasaki engine. It was running fine then started leaking oil from the rear of the motor,
so, I pulled the engine and replaced all the gaskets and seals on the motor. Put it back together and engine turns over but would not start. I tried to use starter fluid and still nothing. I check the plugs for fire and no spark. The coils were covered in oil due to the leak I used electronic cleaner to clean them off and cleaned off the magnets still no fire to the plugs.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Coils will have a single kill wire to them, remove the kil wires and check for spark. If it has spark, the kill circuit is shorted, look for bare or pinched wire. If no spark , all that makes it is the coils and the magnet.

I see question is still open. Did you see my response?