Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Power Tools, I have a Craftsman table saw and radial arm saw

Customer Question

Power Tools,
I have a Craftsman table saw and radial arm saw which are 220 volt - I understand I can re-wire the motor to be 120/110. How do I do that. They are 12" blade.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Good morning.

Let me see if I can offer any insights.

What model is the table saw?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I am at the office, I will have to get back to you tomorrow - when I get home I will try to find the model numbers. They are older machines, given to me by a widow in the church. I would say they are from the 60's or early 70's.

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Sounds good. I'll look up the models and see if the motors are really 220 only or if they are just wired for two voltage streams. They did a little of that in the 60s-70s.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I have not been able to find a model number yet

The label on the Radial Arm Saw - "Craftsman Commercial 12" Radial Arm Saw"

The label on the table saw - "Craftsman 12: Motorized Circular Saw"

I need to move things in the shed to see if there is a another label, but so far that is all I have found.

Dave

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

I've tried to look up schematics to see if I can tell how they wired these things, but no luck.

I think our only option might be to take some pictures of the wires that are coming from the motors. That we we can tell how they are set up. There should be one black wire and one white and one green or one black and one white (or green) on each motor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

We are in the middle of remodeling a new home for us - change ministries from VA to OH. I will try to get to the motors this weekend and get some pictures. Hopefully, by SAT or MON I can get them to you.

Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.

Ok, also, take a look at the motor plate and see if it says 110/240 on the voltage rating. If so, that's a good sign that we will be able to get it swapped over to 110.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Ok - I'll look

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I have a lot of info for you this time. We moved from a 5 bedroom/full basement parsonage in VA to a 2 bedroom trailer in OH with a shed and we are still getting settled.

Information from the two saws.

Table Saw

Model###-##-####/p>

Ser. # *****

Motor Part # *****

Model T48BD-129

240 V. 70 AMPS

3450 rpm 60 hz 1ph

Class BE37845

If the Table Saw is not able to be converted to 120, what would be the value on to sale it would you guess?

Radial Arm Saw

Model 113-29510

Mfg # *****

Motor

Part 63234

Mfg # *****

120 / 240 V

There is a wire diagram to convert to 120, where would the wiring be? Under that housing in the picture?

I have attached pictures of the underside of the table saw and several on the radial arm saw.