Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My riding mower stopped cutting and PTO switched popped out.

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: My riding mower stopped cutting and PTO switched popped out. I changed it , but would not crank . Rebuilt starter , then it was like still locked up. Removed clutch and it cranked. Replaced and now runs like a champ but blades still not engaging. Checked voltage and no power hot going to clutch
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 8 yrs husqavarna 15 hp kept in doors. Great shape
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: So far all me I use to work on them but electric not so good at
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Husquavarna model of mower? Do you have a voltmeter to check for voltage a the pto switch? You replaced the switch? did you examine the switch plug for getting hot? plug may not be making contact with switch terminals. Will the pto clutch engage the magnet if you run wires direct from battery to the clutch to be sure it is good?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I replaced clutch. I have hot going from switch to everything except to clutch no voltage
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I replaced switch

Model number? Which switch, the pto switch? The two wires to the pto clutch good? Have you tried two new wires from switch to pto? No relay between switch and pto?