Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

IG2600. No Spark. Getting 1.8 Ohms across coil 2-pin

Customer Question

IG2600. No Spark. Getting 1.8 Ohms across coil 2-pin connector. 1725 Ohms on each connector to HT lead.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Where do I go from there?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: It was on my boat and started OK last year. Tried to use it a couple of weeks ago to charge batteries and it wouldn't start. I currently have the covers off in my garage.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Fuel in. Valve Open. Fuel clean. No Spark.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is all the information I have. As I say When last used, it worked fine. Took a couple of pulls to start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Make and model? IG2600 does not identify what you have. Generator, and it won't start? Single cylinder engine?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your service popped up on a Q&A site. I thought it was part of the site's service. Please just cancel the query and refund my money.