Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

LTX1040 pto will not engage

Customer Question

LTX1040 pto will not engage
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

If you have a handle and cable engagement system then it does not have an electric clutch. I would check to make certain that when you move the handle that the cable is actually moving or pulling tension on the idler bracket on the mower deck. Most common issue with this engagement system is the cable becomes stretched or broken. I have also seen times where the idler bracket gets tight or sticks and will not move therefore when you engage the handle it does nothing. Make certain that the idler bracket on the mower deck is moving freely. It could also be that the mower deck belt is stretched some and although everything is working fine it is slipping around the pulleys when you engage it.