Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My t235 keeps cutting out after 20 30 min of run time. It is

Customer Question

My t235 keeps cutting out after 20 30 min of run time. It is 1.5 years old. Always drained. Use stabil in the gas. Already replaced carb and spark plug. It's new gas with echo 2 stroke oil mixed in
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Does it quit like switch is turned off? How long before it will restart?

Does it have spark when it quits? Remove spark plug and with spark plug grounded, see it has spark when cranking.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
About an hour before restart. How do I test spark? I am kinda mechanicaly uninclined, so I need good directions, sorry.
Shep
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It just kinda dies, more bogging down than kill switch. Doesn't seem to like full throttle to much either.

Spark plug wire has to be attached to spark plug, and plug has to be grounded to se spark, I keep an alligator clipped wire, to attach to plug and metal of the engine, so i can see spark. If spark is ok, then it has to be fuel related, maybe th efue line/strainer in the tank.