Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My trimmer won't trim. I was using it this morning, it was

Customer Question

My trimmer won't trim. I was using it this morning, it was hot outside, and it just quit like out of gas, but it wasn't. I did add gas -- no start. The engine is free and it did spark once, but now it is acting like there is no spark at all. It was bought new in March.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes and yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is it possible that the gas, about a month old, was bad? I added the mix to it when I bought the gas and have used the same tank several times since.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Do you have a new spark plug you could try? Always the first thing to try!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do not...that would be simple
Any other possible issues? I just figured it was new, so the plug should be good, but that could be
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
would a plug usually just die mid stream? It was working fine and just quit. I will check it though. thanks

Can be anything, but not that unusual for original plug to fail. Do you have spark at the plug if you remove it and ground it to the engine metal, and spin engine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't even have the right plug socket. I'll get one tomorrow and see if this works. I'll let you know...thanks

oK> Thanks