Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2 year old Snapper mower with a &S 725 EX engine

Customer Question

I have a 2 year old Snapper mower with a B&S 725 EX engine (model # ***** 02 0989 F1) that for the 2nd year in a row has carburetor issues. Last year was told I need a new carburetor due to stale gas corroding the cheap plastic carburetor parts. Replaced it and was told the gas stabilizer I also bought would fix the problem. Have used the gas stabilizer as recommended ever since. The last half of 2015 it worked well, but this year it again has the same symptoms as last year even though I ran it until it had had no more gas at year end and have continued to use the gas stabilizer mixture in my gas. It now will not run and I don't want to have to take again to a small engine repair shop. What's up with these engines? And how easy is it to fix this myself? I see a carb overhaul kit and a whole carb replacement kit.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

799866 carburetor. The ethanol in fuel is the killer of these plastic filed carburetors, and when you run the the unit dry, you never get the gas out of the fuel bowl. If you google the carburetor, you can buy a new one as cheaply as a kit! Be sure your gas cap is letting the tank vent, as engine seems to run quite a while before it quits, which may be the fue supply and not the carburetor. How long before it will restart? If it has to wait awhile, check the spark, a bad coil will stop when warm and go to working again after it cools.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you get it going?