Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

WE HAVE THE GEN IN OUR rv IT RAN GREAT THEN AT 4AM, AFTER 4

Customer Question

WE HAVE THE GEN IN OUR rv IT RAN GREAT THEN AT 4AM, AFTER 4 WEEKS OF STeady daily USE IT JUST ALL OF THE SUDDEN SHUT DOWN . Now it starts and as soon as you take your finger off the start button it stops.sorry cap lock accident.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes we also ran it down to prevent old gas in Gen Carb. we have about half a tank now. It is getting gas tried the oil sensor, checked the spark plug situation[ new ones{ changed oil.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If we can they want $200 JUST to look at it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It only has 509 hours and we did every thing we were told to keep it healthy . Ran it reg any time we didn`t go out weekly.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

I would check for a loose wire or possibly a bad switch.