Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

Just starting my Poulan Pro chainsaw time. Red start switch

Customer Question

Just starting my Poulan Pro chainsaw for first time. Red start switch and blue chock tab will not move. Need help.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes. Fuel in the tank. Very clean fuel. Hmmm.... shut-off valve... did not see that in the manual???
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Are you asking me if I plan on operating the chain saw myself? If so, yes.
JA: No. I'm the Small Engine Technician's Assistant. Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I guess I am confused by the nature of this conversation. I need help starting my Poulan Pro chainsaw. Is this the same conversation that you expect to be having?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, if the red lever can't be pushed down the contact spring on left side of air filter with wires connected to it has too much tension. You need to remove the top cover. The hooked part of the spring needs pried or bent upward slightly. You might have to remove the little black screw and pull the spring clip out to do it. Take a picture or two first.

Expert:  Vince O. replied 6 months ago.

Did you return the saw so you don't mess up the warranty?