Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Trying to bypass the safety switches on my troy bilt bronco

Customer Question

trying to bypass the safety switches on my troy bilt bronco so i can get to start not sure how to do that
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes Im not getting any fire to the starter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: trying to bypass the safety switch in the seat an on the brake I think theres one when its in reverse not sure where they are all located
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Full model number? If you have four wire switch, it can not be bypassed. Seat, brake and pto are the common safeties. Do you have voltage to the keyswitch? Do you hear the fuel solenoid click when you turn key on and off? On click, no voltage at the key. No voltage, check the single fuse in the system. near the battery and soleniid, likely under the seat, if battery is under the seat.

Did you see my response? Did you find problem?