Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Kohler CH23 21hp v twin. Acts like it's running out of fuel

Customer Question

Kohler CH23 21hp v twin. Acts like it's running out of fuel after short time mowing. I have removed and cleaned gas tank , tank outlet fitting not obstructed, replaced pump(valve cover), all fuel line, and filter, still the same, took gas tank off my snowblower and put on top motor (gravity feed). Runs fine like that, mowed yard 4 times no problem. What am I missing?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Take a test line and attach it to the inlet of the fuel pump, and drop it back into the fuel tank. If it works, you have a suction leak between the fuel pump and the tank . This line has to be vacuum tight or the fuel pump will suffer. If it still run bad, figure the valve cover mounted fuel pump is not delivering the fuel You can eliminate it with a pulse pump or a low pressure, low volume electric pump.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?