Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere L120. Mower blades quit working. I unhooked belt to

Customer Question

John Deere L120. Mower blades quit working. I unhooked belt to mower deck, all pulleys and spindles on deck spin freely. Started mower without deck hooked up. Pulled the electric clutch on and motor cuts out. ??????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: What is wrong that mower blades won't work?
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Lots of fuel . Problem is blades won't turn
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hope to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: motor runs fine . When electric clutch is engaged blades won't turn and motor cuts out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Your run circuit, made up of the seat switch, brake switch and pto switch, is not complete, The mower thinks there is no one in the seat. Check seat switch and brake switch, and the wires between them for continuity.

Did you find the problem?