Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Club car 1993 ds gas getting puffing air out of engine on

Customer Question

club car 1993 ds gas getting puffing air out of engine on vacuum line to fuel pump no vacuum at all. Have new carb, new plug, new gas tank vent fuel lines etc. could this be a valve issue?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: 1993 club car ds no my son let sit up for a year.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 months ago.

The hose should have a pulse, not vacuum, as the pulse is the piston moving up and down in the cylinder. displacing the air in the crankcase. If you have fuel pump hooked up and line off the carburetor, do you get any fuel flowing when cranking? Do you have compression?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no fuel flowing any where

Do you feel the pulse? Will the pump work if you use test line from the fuel pump inlet into a fuel container? May be time to check compression!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have tried removing the fuel line from the carb side of fuel pump and no do not get gas. I primed the fuel filter from the gas tank side of the fuel pump still no gas flow

The pump suction side has to be vacuum tight, that is why you need to use a test line and eliminate everything else. Will engine run if you put gas direct into the carburetor? You can add a low pressure electric fuel pump if need be.