Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I own a fairly-new Toro mower. It starts and runs

Customer Question

I own a fairly-new Toro mower. It starts and runs dependably, except for the fact that it shuts down after running for 30 minutes, acting like it ran out of gas (but it didn't). if I let it sit for about five minutes, I can restart it, and then it will run for the amount of time that it takes to finish my mowing (about 20 minutes; I then shut down the mower. The mower has done this for the last four times that I have mowed. What is going on?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Fuel tank venting? Fuel cap should be the vent. If cap does not vent, the tank draws a vacuum and will starve engine for fuel.

Did you see my response?