Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

My 1 year old snapper tractor stalls when releasing the

Customer Question

My 1 year old snapper tractor stalls when releasing the parking break after starting
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It worked fine last weekend. Starts fine, just dies after I release the break
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

Model number? The tractor will have a seat switch and brake switch that have to work together for the run circuit. The run circuit is not complete, so the tractor thinks there is no one in the seat, so it shuts off engine. Check the seat switch and brake switch and the harness to both. And be sure the pto is off!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model(###) ###-####00, SPX 42"

Seat switch and park brake switch are the first things to check. Loose or broken connection.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

I see question is still open, did you see my response?