Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines

My Deere X320 has had a problem with running rough after

Customer Question

My John Deere X320 has had a problem with running rough after 30-40 minutes iin high heat (+90 degrees). Now it is running rough all the time and will barely mow. Spark plugs good, fuel filter good. Oil good. Pulled off left spark plug wire and engine kept running. Pulled off right spark plug wire and it immediately died.. Is this a coil issue?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: Mower has 280 hours on it and as I said, it has had a problem with running rough after 30-40 minutes in high heat (+90 degrees).
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YYes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope. Pretty mechanical, just need troubleshooting help to determine what the issue may be.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Wayne replied 4 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what you are describing is a faulty coil on the cylinder

or a push rod came off or out of adjustment

I suggest to remove the Valve cover , and adjust the valves .003- to .005 both valves

engine cold , if that does not cure it, yes replace the coil

I hope this helped you

If this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more Stars

If more info is need use reply button

Not Poor/Bad Service