Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have an Wheel Horse/ Toro H 416 garden tractor with an

Customer Question

I have an Wheel Horse/ Toro H 416 garden tractor with an electric start.
It will not crank, I checked electrical connections, found a fuse blown. Replaced fuse got some cranking but not a start. Now no cranking again. Batt. is good and hold a charge.
I replaced the selinoid--that mounts in front of the starter. Nothing, No crank.
The engine is pre 1993 but very low time less than 200 HRS.,on the meter and has been in the family and taken good care of.
Any suggestions?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Engine model numbers? Is fuse blown again? Is there a solenoid in the base of the carburetor? When did it last run? Has spark been checked?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was run a week ago and ran fine mowed lawn for two hours steady. Lowered RPM to put away and it stalled. At work will double check fuse again and advise tonight.

Onan P216 , twin engine. Ok, check the fuse, that should get it cranking, then check for spark at the plugs.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I checked the three fuses, all good. Battery charged. Of the three fuses originally checked, It was the 25 amp fuse that was burned out. Also be advised this model has a button switch on the right side of the dash. That button when depresses will usually light up a series of small round lights as a test. That switch is not currently working to light the test lights yet it was working after I replaced the fused also the lights are not coming on now.

So now it will not crank over.

parts list showing three electrical sections.

If you follow the battery cable direct to the starter solenoid, can you jump the starter solenoid battery post , to the start terminal on the same solenoid and spin the engine. quick test of battery, cables and starter and solenoid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will check the two sides of the new selinoid in the morning and advise you then.

OK>

I see question still open, did you find problem?