JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

Replaced voltage regulator, key switch and solenoid just

Customer Question

Replaced voltage regulator, key switch and solenoid just clicks when hit pedal and light won't come on
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Are you getting power to the starter. Sounds like starter issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was moving it to change belt and it just stop dry , hit pedal and just clicks don't even try to start or turn over
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

I would check your Controller. If its clicking it, sending power, but not receiving it

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a gas cart where is the controller located
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Check the starter on a gas cart. Sorry, didn't see it was a 13hp Kawasaki at first. Try t jump the starter manually. see if starter spins over. YOu said you have replaced the solenoid correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sir tried jumping solenoid nothing probably starter? Would that make the light not come on because the battery is fully charged
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Place + lead from cables / jump box on starter post. Ground other side to frame. This should spin starter. If not, yo have a starter issue If it does, try to jump solenoid and see if it starts. If it starts by jumping solenoid, you have a solenoid issue, or wiring issue between the solenoid and the starter. By doing these things, you can minimize the amount of wiring you have to check over for issues

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok will try when I get home at work now thanks for the help
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Yes it will still power the light due to battery is charged. I am guessing it is the starter in this matter. Hope my info is of help. Please rate me on my info. I am new here, and want to help as much as I can. Good Luck and let me know if I can do anything else for you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lights are not coming on
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

It states you are requesting a phone call. I am new here, so was not sure if this was from you or something JA was offering

Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

Sorry, I misread the statement before.Did the light normally come on with only key on before? I am not 100% about the light being on, but if the solenoid clicks, it sounds like a starter issue. The light not being on or off will not control the starting mechanism. I would check starter when you can and see what those results are.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok good enough thank I will try and let you know what happens thanks
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Won't turn over at all
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

If you are putting power directly to starter, and it is not turning starter, then you will need to replace the starter. By power to the starter, you are by passing everything, so if it isn't turning over still, it is the starter. I hope this will help you fix the issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  JON replied 5 months ago.

No problem. Hope it gets going for you. Please remember to rate your experience with me. Thank you and have a good day and weekend