JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Onan QG 5500 5.5HGJAB-1038J Year 2012 Shutting down when air

Customer Question

Onan QG 5500
Year 2012
Shutting down when air conditioning attempts to start. Engine doesn't even change speed, it just instantly shuts down and indicates Code 15.
Both A/C work fine on land power
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Code 15 is Under Frequency. It is usually caused by the set running slow. You will need a frequency meter to properly test this. Please let me know what else I can help you with in this matter. I am here to help anyway that I can.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was hoping for some written instruction on testing the frequency and setting the speed. I there a manual or instructions you can provide?
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Here is a troubleshooting guide for the Generator. I will include a 2nd link on frequency adjustments after this one

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Here is a 2nd weblink more info:

Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Have you solved your issue as of yet? I am here to help any way that I can. PLease let me know if there is anything I may do. If problem is solved, hope my answer was of some assistance. Please RATE me. I strive to be the best, ***** ***** rating will help me to do this. Thank you and have a good evening.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Have not been able to determine issue based upon the trouble shooting guide. Generator producing correct voltage but immediately shuts down when loaf is applied. Am contacting authorized service center for an appointment.
Expert:  JON replied 3 months ago.

Okay, Sorry was unable to help you in this problem. I hope you get it figured out and repaired promptly. Have a nice day.