Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I am trying to set up a cable throttle to a &S Intek 206 5.5

Customer Question

i am trying to set up a cable throttle to a B&S Intek 206 5.5 hp # ***** to use on a go-kart. i can't find a conversion kit and what i find re existing manual linkage under the gas tank is not very intuitive re cable hook up-any suggestions/ideas/links to correct conversion kit (it it exists). Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi CurtisCan you help with my question?Dan
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the answer-this is not a very helpful webpage setup
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

See the link above for throttle parts!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Seriously, this is your answer? Show me on this link where they sell a throttle cable hook up for a B&S Intek 206-they don't. Do you know anything about an Intek 206 throttle hook up?

It's a go cart, all are different, it takes hands on to figure out what it takes. A briggs engine or a kohler or a Honda. all have same type throttle setups. 206 is a series only, do you have the actual model number?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm a pretty hands on guy and will figure out a jerry rig for the throttle. i paid to have someone who was an expert with B&S to see if i missed anything on my internet search for this task. Telling me that small engines are generally alike is no help at all, and sending me to a site that does not even sell a universal cable throttle hook up kit for a small 4 stroke engine, much less the engine i have, is no help at all.

Let me opt out. And see if someone else can give you a hand,