JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

22 in Recycler mower with a Kohler 149cc engine. This mower

Customer Question

22 in Recycler mower with a Kohler 149cc engine. This mower is equipped with an automatic throttle. It runs very erratic and almost to the point it won't cut grass. No change when the air filter is removed. Could it be an ethanol problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

I would remove the air filter and look at the choke lever inside carb. with motor cold it should be closed. the rod runs from the carb to muffler and as motor heats up it releases the choke butterfly inside carb. There are a common issue. It could be just a dirty carb or ethanol problem also, but I would check to make sure choke is opening and closing properly first. you can also attempt to drain the carb bowl and then try to restart before pulling entire carb. sometimes pressure release on float will fix any clogging issues on the needle and seat.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Were you able to resolve your problem? Please let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Have you solved your issue as of yet? I am here to help any way that I can. PLease let me know if there is anything I may do. If problem is solved, hope my answer was of some assistance. Please RATE me. I strive to be the best, ***** ***** rating will help me to do this. Thank you and have a good evening.