Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a 2006 Yard Machine MTD riding mower in my shop, with

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Yard Machine MTD riding mower in my shop , with a 16.5 Briggs single cylinder , and a NIKKI carb . Problem : engine cuts off (like out of gas ) and sometimes stops entirely .I have pulled fuel tank off and cleaned all debris , replaced dried and cracked fuel line and filter , pulled card off and apart and cleaned dirt and debris , adjusted valves , replaced spark plug , cleaned and checked wiring harness for chafes or breaks , and replaced safety switch for mower deck handle . Still have same problem , any ideas ?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

does it have the electric solenoid in the base of the carburetor? Take an old Briggs bowl screw and replace the solenoid with the bowl screw and see if engine will run.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Did you see my response?