Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

We just recently bought 95 dolphin everything was working

Customer Question

hello we just recently bought 95 dolphin everything was working fine but we were having a hard time keeping the battery stored since we have been boondocking. We came back to our motorhome and the lights came on then everything died and we have not been able to start the generator since
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: tank is full. im not sure where the shut off valve is.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we hope to. we drove the RV around today to try and charge the batteries some and it did to the point that the stereo came on but the generator still wouldnt turn on
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we also tried to use the boost starter to jump the generator and that didnt work either. it would make a ticking noise but wouldnt turn over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and see if any battery cables are found to be loose,corroded or damaged in any way leading from the batteries or to the engine.I would trace the grounds from the batteries as well and see if any issues are found needing repaired or replaced for this issue here.If a fault is found it will need repaired to correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete