Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

Tiger CUb, Kawasaki Engine Model FH680VA18686. Never had a

Customer Question

SCAG Tiger CUb, Kawasaki Engine Model FH680VA18686. Never had a problem in ten years, always servided. After recent service to resolve engine losing power problem which resulted in changing points and cleaning carburetor. although the points were actually the problem according to them...I used the mower for 2 hours ..several hours later smelled gas in garage and found gas pooled on top of the plate over the muffler and under the carburetor. There was a plastic hose out of which the gas was dripping the hose is 6" long 3/8 OD seemed to go up behind the carburetor, but not sure. THe certified repair shop simply replaced the hose, called it a breather hose, and inserted the top end someplace in the front of the carburetor near the top...I used the machine for 5 minutes, parked it, and one half hour later there was gas dripping every second out of the hose end again. THey don't seem to know what is going on...not even sure they are competent with this engine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

First, engine does not have points! Has electronic ignition. Has two ignition coils, that may be what they changed. The hose leaking gas is a overflow hose from the carburetor. The carburetor is not shutting off the fuel. The needle valve and float in the carburetor, is what does that! Carburetor needs to be rebuilt or replaced.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

did you see my response? Please rate to close and get me credit.