JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech

Onan 4500 commercial run fine but no ac output, 2 month,

Customer Question

onan 4500 commercial run fine but no ac output
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: 2 month
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here can be caused by a fault with the generator brushes or windings as I have seen fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue here.This will have to be tested further to pinpoint which component is the cause here and then from there repaired to correct this fault.This is usually best done by a repair facility with experience on this model here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Hank F. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am an Onan technician who is going to help you with this.

What is the full model number of the genset?

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** sounds to me like there is an issue with your transfer switch box. It can be other issues which if you are doing the work yourself, I can walk you through step by step on what to do for testing. Let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Expert:  JON replied 4 months ago.

Have you solved your issue as of yet? I am here to help any way that I can. PLease let me know if there is anything I may do. If problem is solved, hope my answer was of some assistance. Please RATE me. I strive to be the best, ***** ***** rating will help me to do this. Thank you and have a good evening.