Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a LGT2657 lawn tractor. Halfway thru mowing my lawn,

Customer Question

I have a LGT2657 lawn tractor. Halfway thru mowing my lawn, it slows down as though the belt is slipping, and will not go up any type on incline. works well going down inclines. I have replaced the belt but it makes no difference. The motor runs good.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the tractor is a Husquvarna LGT 2654
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 5 months ago.

Page 8 in the owners manual above, shows the drive train. With engine off, is the drive belt tight enough it can't be slipped on the pulleys? If belt is tight, transmission may be slipping.

transmission parts link above, page 2, shows two points # ***** and # ***** , that can be removed to add maybe a cup full of 15w50 motor oil.. Basicly the transmission is supposed to be sealed and not serviced. A cup full of oil may be all it needs.

Did you see my response?