Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Brand new gator 825i drove all weekend now will not start

Customer Question

brand new gator 825i drove all weekend now will not start battery ok lights on etc no clicking sound just nothing
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: filled with fuel ???shut off valve fuel new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: y
JA: Huh?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: why it will not start
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Small Engine Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to an issue at the starter motor/solenoid itself with the wiring or connections needing cleaned and tightened or an issue with the starter itself at fault.In most cases on newer models like this here the cables may have been left loose at the starter causing this fault.I would have this checked to see if any wiring needs repaired to correct this fault or if the starter is the cause needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete