Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

I have an XW6048 inverter that was manufactured in Oct,

Customer Question

I have an XW6048 inverter that was manufactured in Oct, 2013. It was installed about 1 month ago. There were no problems up untill now when the inverter shows 50vac output on both phases, but displays no faults. Line voltage is 117VAC and steady.
There are no faults in the history nor are there warnings that relate to this problem. The battery voltage is 53.8 and connected with 2/0 cables that are about 6ft long each.
Resetting has no effect.
When I arrived home, my output indicator (I have an energy meter installed for an electric car -- which is disconnected) was showing 300VAC across both phases. I immediately bypassed the inverter and shut it down... fearing the worst. I waited about 5min, then restarted the inverter.
I disabled the charger and grid support.
Then I reviewed the fault log -- no faults.
I engaged the loads for the inverter and was met with the same symptoms -- low output, about 100VAC phase -to-phase. - no faults. Mains is 235VAC phase to phase.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault in the inverter itself.One of the internal components may have failed internally causing this issue here with it needing replaced.If you know the wiring and connections to it are all o.k. I suspect this is the cause here and you may have to parts warranty it with the facility you purchased it from to see if they can replace it at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete