Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert

I have a ranch pro riding mower with an 18.5 horse briggs

Customer Question

I have a ranch king pro riding mower with an 18.5 horse briggs engine (twin cylinder). I have recently cleaned carburetor and installed new plugs,changed oil. and cleaned gas tank and refilled with 91 octane Fuel(fresh). Also installed new fuel filter. it started, fine, and I started to mow. Then it lost power, and died like it ran out of fuel. (It still has fuel). Now it will turn over fine but won't start. What could cause this? It's getting fuel. Could a bad ignition switch cause this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 months ago.

This is the twin cylinder opposed flat head engine? If you remove spark plug and ground it to the metal of the engine, do you have spark? If no spark, the ignition coil may be bad, as it powers both spark plugs from a single coil.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 3 months ago.

Did you see my response?