Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

Power washer karcher 790 working great all day later in day

Customer Question

Power washer karcher 790 working great all day later in day pull trigger goes to start then shuts off .hold trigger and keeps starting and stops.check water source and everything fine
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be an issue with the trigger/on switch itself as I have seen some fail before needing replaced.This will have to be checked over further to help pinpoint the cause and from there repaired to correct this fault.I suspect this is a switch failure needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there a process that I can check the trigger like taking it off the hose and starting the machine because i did try to adjust the plunger and the machine would stay running but no water
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I dont have a test or check procedure myself on this here unfortunately.If you have no water but was able to adjust the plunge to keep the machine running but had no water this sounds like the plunger itself may be the cause as it should be the trigger to open the water supply as well as activate the machine.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
At work have to call when I'm at machine have to be Friday or next week
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No problem.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready and if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete